Though domestic flying is back on and people have started travelling, it is still not how it used to be. Here are some mandatory rules that you need to follow.
Even though domestic flying is somewhat back, things are not how they used to be. To be honest, we cannot even decipher when flying will get back to the pre-corona times or even if it will ever get back to the normal that we knew.
Travelling now is really different. There are some really strict rules that are being followed to maintain the social distancing protocols while keeping everyone’s health in mind.
Let’s see what these rules and regulations are that you need to follow while flying
- It is mandatory to check-in online on airline’s website. This step has now become a necessity to avoid contact. The check-in portals open 48 hours before the flight and close 60 minutes before boarding.
- It is also necessary to declare your health status on the website.
- Another thing that has become mandatory now is that the traveller has to declare the check-in baggage online and self generate the baggage tags.
- Not just that, to minimise the contact, one has to also carry a printed or a soft copy of the boarding pass along with the baggage tag.
At the airport
- You also need to have the Arogya Setu app in your phone and need to show your status on the app at the airport entry gate.
- Only one check-in bag and one cabin bag will be allowed to travellers.
- It is now mandatory that you reach the airport two hours before the boarding time.
- While at the airport, always wear your mask and follow social distancing.
- The baggage drop counter will now close 60 minutes before the flight time. This mandate, however, might be different for various airlines.
- The boarding gates will close 25 minutes before the flight time and a personal protective kit will also be provided to everyone for their safety.
- While you are on board, the water bottles will already be on your seat to minimise any contact between the crew and the passengers.
- There will be no meals served onboard. You are also not allowed to eat anything of your own while flying. It is advised that you eat at the airport or your home.
- There will also be no magazines or newspapers served in the flight.